HomeNewsWoman charged over Baghsarian murder

Woman charged over Baghsarian murder

-

ROBBERY AND Serious Crime Squad detectives have charged a twelfth person following an investigation into the alleged kidnapping and murder of Chris Baghsarian earlier this year.

Just after 5am on Friday, February 13, officers from Ryde Police Area Command received a report that an 85-year-old man had been kidnapped from his home in North Ryde.

Local police attended before detectives attached to State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad began a coordinated response to recover the man under Strike Force Chabot.

Early inquiries established that Chris Baghsarian was not the intended target of the kidnapping and had been taken in a case of mistaken identity.

Mr Baghsarian’s remains were located about 8am on Tuesday, February 24, near a golf club in Pitt Town.

Eleven other people have been charged following subsequent investigations and remain before the courts.

Following further inquiries, about 10.40am last Tuesday (August 11), strike force detectives – with assistance from Northwest Metropolitan Operations Support Group – arrested a 51-year-old woman in Lethbridge Park.

She was taken to Mt Druitt Police Station, where she was charged with accessory after the fact to murder.

The 51-year-old woman was refused bail and is before the courts.

’Mastermind’ charged in kidnapping, home invasion

ROBBERY AND Serious Crime Squad detectives have charged a man over his alleged role in coordinating a kidnapping and home invasions including in Ermington.

Police were called to Driftway Drive, Pemulwuy, about 7.15am on February 11, 2025, following reports of a kidnapping.

Officers located a 26-year-old man suffering minor injuries.

Police were told the man had been travelling in his ute when an allegedly stolen white Mercedes blocked his vehicle.

Three unknown men wearing face coverings exited the Mercedes armed with a baseball bat and machete, damaged the man’s ute, and forced him into their vehicle.

The man escaped when the Mercedes stopped a short time later and contacted police. The group fled into nearby bushland before officers arrived. NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the man at the scene before he was taken to hospital.

Emergency services were called to Fremont Avenue, Ermington, following reports of a break and enter about 12.30am on February 24, 2025.

Officers attached to Ryde Police Area Command were told four unknown people had forced entry to a home and assaulted a 17-year-old boy and a 48-year-old man.

The group allegedly stole several electronic devices before fleeing.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated both occupants, and the older man was taken to hospital in a stable condition.

A crime scene was established and local police commenced inquiries before both matters were taken over by the Robbery & Serious Crime Squad under Strike Force Velinda.

Ten people have been charged and remain before the courts.

Following extensive inquiries, about 11.45am last Tuesday (August 11), strike force detectives arrested a 27-year-old man, the alleged ringleader of the crimes, in Ryde.

He was taken to Gladesville Police Station where he was charged with taking in company with intent to get advantage occasioning actual bodily harm, aggravated break and enter and committing a serious indict offence-deprive liberty, two counts of taking/detaining a person in company with intent to obtain advantage and two counts of knowingly directing activities of a criminal group.

The 27-year-old man was refused bail and is before the courts.

Anyone with information that may assist investigations into organised criminal activity is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or nsw.crimestoppers.com.au

Information is managed on a confidential basis. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.

Cheap ancient gold, buried treasure scam warning

RYDE POLICE are alerting TWT readers to a scam involving offenders attempting to sell fake ancient gold artefacts (commonly referred to as Sycee) or other “buried treasure” items at significantly discounted prices.

Offenders often claim they urgently require cash due to travel arrangements and cannot take the gold with them, creating a sense of urgency and pressuring victims into making quick purchasing decisions.

Police advise to always purchase from reputable sellers; beware of requests for cash or other forms of payment from people you don’t know; and be suspicious of requests from payment in crypto or gift cards.

If you think you’ve been scammed or to report a scam attempt, contact Ryde Police, call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or visit scamwatch.gov.au

Appeal to locate man after alleged station assault

POLICE ARE appealing for public assistance as investigations continue into an assault in June.

About 5.30am on Wednesday, June 24, police were called to Strathfield Railway Station, following reports of an assault.

Officers attached to Police Transport Command were told a 53-year-old male had been assaulted by an unknown man.

The 53-year-old man was treated for minor injuries.

Police commenced inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

As inquiries are ongoing, police have released an image of a man (pictured) they believe may be able to assist with enquiries.

The man is described as being of Caucasian appearance, aged in his 20s, 180-185cm tall, thin build, and brown wavy shoulder length hair.

He is described as wearing a fluorescent orange and blue long-sleeved jumper over a red hooded jumper, tan coloured cargo pants, dark steel-capped work boots and a blue hat.

Do you know this man?

Can you help identify this man over alleged stealing

RYDE POLICE Area Command are investigating a spate of stealings which occurred on Thursday, August 6, in Meadowbank.

Police would like to speak to the man depicted in this photograph, who may have information which will assist with their enquiries.

Anyone with information on his identity or the incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or at nsw.crimestoppers.com.au

CHECK OUT THE LATEST EDITION OF THE WEEKLY TIMES BY CLICKING BELOW!

- Advertisment -spot_img

Must Read

‘Ready to fight’ with gun buyback scheme

0
NSW PREMIER Chris Minns says he is “ready to fight” next year’s state election on the gun buyback scheme, which he estimates will cost...

Ryde Eastwood Leagues